Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A piece of my heart

About six years ago, I fell in love. It was the first true boyfriend i had, I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I never thought that i could live without him. I was young, naive, I revolved my world around him. I was so crazy in love. BUT was it really love? How do you know when you are so young what love really is? I think that no matter what age you are whether you are fifteen years old or sixty years old you can find love, it is always there, it is up to you to cherish it no matter what happens.

Love works in mysterious ways, it's like a poker game, you don't know what your going to be dealt with next. Love is not a joke, you must take it seriously and you have to fight for it. Even when times get tough and you think there's no way it can get any better. You have to fight for it, when you don't and you cop out, you may make the biggest mistake of your life, and you may say or do things that you will regret.

Take it from me. I was with my first love for five years. We gave our hearts and souls to one another. Something we will never fully get back. Our whole relationship was a battlefield, there were so many things that we had to fight through to be with each other. We even had gotten engaged. But I think that we both were so comfortable together and so afraid of other things that we decided to get engaged. Don't get me wrong we loved each other deeply but it was not the love we once felt for on another.When i accepted that ring i made a promise to him, i gave him my word, my life, my everything. I broke that promise. I let the dark side pull at my heart, I made poor decisions, which I regret. I let him, I let myself and most of all I let GOD down. It's not so much the decision I made to leave him, it was the way that I left him. I gave my heart away to another guy, who is amazing and I do love. But i live with regret every day the way i let things happen.

We were both immature, we needed to grow up, neither one of us fought hard enough for one another. Well I guess this blog really is an apology to the people that i hurt along the way. I have lost a loved one, I have lost friends because of my poor decisions. This is my apology to you. I'm sorry for my wrongs. I honestly did not want to hurt anyone, I just wanted to be happy. And I believe that we both are moving one with our lives, even though it was a tough time, we both have never been happier. It's time to move on and start new lives.

You lose love, and you gain love. It's up to you to fight for what you want, fight for love. The love lost will always have a piece of your heart, you need to save your heart for that person who is truely special, once you give it away you won't get it back, and the person you love will never fully have your heart that they deserve.











1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, pure, and true. I love how you've started this blog. Very fresh and mature and takes things from a new perspective. Love it. Keep 'em coming! :-]

    ReplyDelete